1) The deadline for renewing your membership is April 15. A late fee will be applied to memberships received after this date. You must have your membership paid prior to competing.
2) It is a condition of STCPA insurance that all members who actively ride must purchase an individual membership through the Sask Horse Federation (or equivalent for out of province riders). No one may participate without one.
3) All shows have to be pre-entered. Team entries must be received on/before the WEDNESDAY preceding the show. Entries can be submitted online or can be emailed to the secretary at email@example.com.
4) Entry fees for sanctioned shows or jackpots will be as follows: $40 ($120 per team) per entry. This will remain the same for the wind-up.
5) There will be a 2+ non-sanctioned class offered at each show. Two riders rated #1 will be paired with one rider rated a #3 or higher. This will strictly be a draw class. Entry fees are $20.00 per person. Payout is 80%. You may submit up to three entries in this class. Everyone will be guaranteed two gos.
6) The separate Draw class has been eliminated. Contestants may draw into the following classes: Open #10, #8, and #5. Contestants are allowed a maximum of 4 picked teams per each of these classes. If you enter any of these classes with 1 or more picked teams, you are required to enter a minimum of one draw team up to a total of 5 teams. A contestant may enter the draw with all 5 teams if they choose with the exception of the open class (maximum number of draws is 2).
7) Contestants will accumulate points at each sanction for making it to the second go. There will be individual points awarded as well as team points for the entire season. There will be prizes for high point teams in each class. There will be an overall individual high point prize as well as high point #1, #2, and #3+ penner.
8) The $100 sponsorship levy is still applicable. It only applies to members who are planning to attend the provincial finals. This levy will be waived if you obtain $200 in sponsorship. If you obtain $300 in sponsorship, your levy will be waived and you earn one free entry in any class except the shootout. You must have penned at a minimum of 3 sanctioned shows to qualify to attend the finals.
9) Workers will be assigned to assist with various jobs at each show. If you cannot fulfill your duties, you are responsible for finding a substitute.
10) Payouts for each show will be based on the number of entries at each penning. Minimum payout is 50%; maximum is 60%.
11) A 1/2 second handicap will be applied to all gos of the 5, 8, and 10 classes. For example, if the total team rating in the ten class adds up to 8, two seconds from the first and second gos combined will be deducted from their time. There will also be a handicap applied to the open class, based on the highest rated team. For example, if the highest rated team is 15, the class will be capped at that and handicaps applied from there.
12) All runs are 60 seconds.