1) The deadline for renewing your membership is April 15. A $20.00 late fee will be applied to memberships received after this date. You must have your membership paid prior to competing. Members must be registered with STCPA and CTCPA.
2) It is a condition of STCPA insurance that all members who actively ride must purchase an individual membership through the Sask Horse Federation. No one may participate without one. www.saskhorse.ca/individualmembership
3) All shows have to be pre-entered. Team entries must be received on/before the MONDAY preceding the show at 6 PM. You will receive a confirmation email from the secretary by WEDNESDAY. Please double check that your teams are entered correctly and submit any necessary changes by the end of the day on Wednesday. Entries can be submitted online or can be emailed to the secretary at email@example.com.
4) Entry fees for sanctioned shows or jackpots will be as follows: $40 ($120 per team) per entry with the exception of the Limited 8 class, which will be $50 ($150 per team). This will remain the same for the wind-up. Shoot out entry fees at the finals will be $100.00 per penner ( $300 per team). Payout for the shoot out classes are an 80/20 split.
5) There will be a 2+ non-sanctioned class offered at each show. Two riders rated #1 will be paired with one rider rated a #3 or higher. This will strictly be a draw class. Entry fees are $20.00 per person. Payout is 80%. You may submit up to three entries in this class. Everyone will be guaranteed two gos.
6) Contestants may draw into the following classes: #10, #7, and #5. Contestants are allowed a maximum of 4 picked teams per each of these classes. If you enter any of these classes with 1 or more picked teams, you are required to enter a minimum of one draw team up to a total of 5 teams. A contestant may enter the draw with all 5 teams if they choose.
7) Contestants will accumulate points at each event; points are earned for every team you beat in each class. There will be individual points awarded as well as team points for the entire season. There will be prizes for high point teams in each class. There will be an overall individual high point prize as well as high point #1, #2, and #3+ penner. There will be a prize for an individual high point penner who accumulated the most points from draw teams. There will also be points for the top sorting teams and individual high point sorters.
8) Sponsorship: If you obtain $300 in sponsorship, you will earn one free entry in any class ( at finals) except the shootout. You must have penned/sorted at a minimum of 3 sanctioned shows ( 1 weekend is 2 shows!) to qualify to attend the Sask Finals. This includes sorting. You must attend a minimum of 2 sorting events to qualify to sort in the finals. Members must attend at least 4 sanctioned shows to attend Nationals in Calgary.
9) Workers will be assigned to assist with various jobs at each show. If you cannot fulfill your duties, you are responsible for finding a substitute.
10) Payouts for each show will be based on the number of entries at each penning. Payouts will be 50%.
1-10 entries = 1 payout
11-20 entries = 2 payouts
21-30 entries = 3 payouts
31-40 entries = 4 payouts etc.
11) A 1/2 second handicap ( equalizer) will be applied to all gos of the 5, 7, and 10 classes. For example, if the total team rating in the ten class adds up to 8, two seconds from the first and second gos combined will be deducted from their time.
12) All runs are 60 seconds.
13) Roughing of cattle will NOT be tolerated ( at discretion by the judge of the day )
14) All jackpots ( sorting & penning) require western attire ie: long sleeve shirt, jeans, cowboy hat/helmet.
15) Order of go will be Open/Ltd 8, Ten, 2+, Five and Seven.